Thank you for considering PATH Inc. as the next step in your career! At PATH Inc., we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and the communities we serve. PATH Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, are based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs, without regard to race, sex or gender identity, mental or physical disability, religion, age, national origin or ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, HIV status, veteran status, or parental (or pregnancy) status.
Current Job Openings:
988 Call Center Mental Health/Crisis Intervention Specialist
The 988 Call Center is a mental health crisis line intended to:
- De-escalate crisis situations.
- Relieve the immediate distress of individuals experiencing a crisis situation.
- Reduce the risk of individuals in a crisis situation doing harm to themselves or others.
- Promote timely access to appropriate services for those who require ongoing mental health or co-occurring mental health and substance use services.
- Provide mental health information and/or referrals as requested.
- Resolve at least 80% of all calls without further intervention.
The 988 Call Center Specialists will:
- Provide mental health information and referrals as requested using the database system.
- Work collaboratively with individuals in crisis and respect their right to be involved in their care and other related decisions. As with all other behavioral health services, individuals in crisis should also be given the opportunity to consent for services unless they are a safety risk to themselves or others.
- Develop and implement crisis related safety plans.
- Request and connect local mental health center crisis team for intervention assistance as needed.
- If imminent risk to the individual or others, the 988 Call Center Specialist may engage local Crisis Intervention Teams or 911 to assist in response.
- Documents and maintains accurate, thorough records of all telephone interventions transacted during the work shift.
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in human services related field (Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Human Services, Counseling, etc.) or a health related field (Psychiatric Nursing, etc.).
- Previous experience in crisis response, substance use, juvenile justice, advocacy, mental/behavioral health, psychiatric nursing, or equivalent preferred.
- Lived experience with mental health system is helpful.
- Call Center experience is helpful, but not required.
- Will require completion of PATH Inc.'s AAS/LifeLine 50 hours of Crisis Intervention/Suicide Prevention training and pass all related exams with an 90% or better proficiency.
- Receive and Maintain Certification for Crisis Worker Certification from AAS within one (1) year after being eligible. Failure to receive Certification may lead to termination of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
PATH Inc. follows all CDC guidelines. All staff are required to be vaccinated. Social distancing and masks are required. Proof of vaccine will be required prior to employment and falsification of vaccine information will result in termination.
- If you are living outside of the State of Illinois, are you willing to relocate to Bloomington, Illinois at your own cost?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Crisis intervention: 1 year (Preferred)
- De-escalation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Any other languages (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: Bloomington, IL
If interested, please email your resume and contact information to our 988 call center program managers at
If you would like to be involved with PATH in a different capacity, learn more about becoming a volunteer!